It’s Stone Crab Season
Take Advantage of Stone Crab Season
I can taste it just thinking about it – delicious, buttery stone crab! The stone crab season started October 15 and runs until May 15. Have you had any yet? If you haven’t, it’s time to get on it!
Whether you like them hot or cold, with butter or mustard sauce, here are the best places in the area to get stone crabs:
- Columbia Restaurant – Here you can savor fresh stone crab from the Gulf of Mexico broiled with Latin spices while you sip a glass of sangria. What could be better than that?
- Harry’s Continental Kitchen – This Longboat Key fine dining favorite is top of mind when it comes to all things coastal cuisine.
- Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant & Pub – You can travel to this old Florida restaurant by car of boat, whatever you prefer!
- Phillippi Creek Village Restaurant & Oyster Bar – This casual waterfront restaurant is known for its oysters, of course, but it’s home to lots of great local seafood.
- Walt’s Fish Market and Restaurant – You’ll find fresh stone crab at this Sarasota institution, along with a host of other scrumptious seafood you’ve got to try.
- Big Water Fish Market – This market and casual restaurant focuses on fresh Florida seafood, including, yes, you guessed it – stone crab!
- Detwiler’s Farm Market – If you’re feeling adventurous, head here to buy stone crab claws of your own and make them at home!
With all of these options, you have no excuse. Get out there and eat some stone crab! It’s the perfect way to enjoy Sarasota and the season!