Today’s Hottest Home Trends
The February edition of REALTOR magazine featured 12 Hot Home Ideas….
1. INDUCTION COOKING-Why trendworthy: 30% more efficient than gas or electric.
2. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY CABINETRY-Why trendworthy: Popular with green movement.
3. ENERGY-SIPPING REFRIGERATORS-Why trendworthy: Pares the electricity consumption of a standard guzzler
4. INTEGRATED STONE COMPOSITE SINKS-Why trendworthy: They blend seamlessly into a countertop for a cleaner look, plus they are more durable and easier to clean.
5. WHITE AND BEIGE COLOR PALETTES, SOME GRAYS AND PINKS, BOLD ACCENTS-
Why trendworthy: Less intense colors to calm jittery nerves.
6. CONDO HOME OFFICES- Why trendworthy: To help home owners maximize small spaces-and obtain a tax deduction.
7. INTERIOR WALL TREATMENTS BESIDES PAINT-Why trendworthy: Easier to install; more personalized patterns, colors, textures
8. DO-IT YOURSELF PROJECTS-Why trendworthy: Less costly, more personal.
9. OUTDOOR CURTAINS-Why trendworthy: Even backyard “rooms” require some privacy
10. DUAL-FLUSH, ENVIRONMENTALLY EFFICIENT TOILETS, PLUS MORE HEALTHFUL DESIGNS-Why trendworthy: Greater recognition that liquid and solid waste have different flush requirments.
11. 3-D HDTV-Why trendworthy: Images are becoming more lifelike.
12. RELAXATION RETREATS-Why trendworthy: Increased need to unwind.